Monday, December 15, 2008

Good weekend but I have some thoughts..

Greetings to all,

So this weekend I got to hang out with some friends and do what we do.....domino's, food, and drinks. I also celebrated my 29th birthday. Its amazing how far I've come and I am proud to say its been a great 29 looking forward to the next birthday good willing. I also had time to reflect on my past and think about all the people that I have had encounters with. Quite interesting I must say, I have had some wild times, some bad ones, and some thank you lord ones (although I say it everyday). I thought about all the things that I did'nt do.....I will leave that right there but needless to say I am back at work this monday morning and saying I am blessed.

Enough of all the formalities I am curious to know why artist keep coming out with this independent woman stuff? Now I am all for women having thier own and being successful but, we can not coexist without each other. On the other hand we can't co-habitate at the rate we are either, now I am an supporter of being who you are and "doing you" as my mom's says "shit happens" (i digress) but, why is there so much influence on women having theirs and men having theirs....has anyone heard the saying "a house divided.....". I believe that is one of the major problems we have today is that men and women now think seperately. Men is "M.O.B." and women are all about "I don't need a man for ish...". I love women and I am thankful for the one's in my life, the one's I had experiences with, and the one's that still want to have experiences with me (I cannot entertain). I say that because with out a woman or women I am not motivated to look nice, to wear nice clothes, to get my ish together. I realized yesterday why I love my wife as much as I do because a. she understands me b. she works hard c. she wants to support the family but still proclaims her independence. I love that she does'nt have to work but, she wants to feel like she is contributing and loves what she is doing. That is beautiful to me, we have an ole school love, I admit I am not perfect and I strive everyday to be perfection for her but, I have my short comings. Bottome line is that we need each other and although entertaining I just think this INDEPENDENT things is going way too far.

Well I have more to say on some other topics but, I will leave that for tomorrow


Until......

No comments: