Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today.....

Greetings,.............ok today is not as exciting but, needless to say I am thankful for all the people I deem friends. I always have indulging conversations with them and they help fuel these blogs.
Nothing much new today but, just asking myself when do you know you have a "friend" a confidante? Someone who can hold their word with you? In this day in age how do you know when to invest your time into someone? People you have had experiences with that you can hold on to forever. I know many many many many people (most people do) and I know (I'm not nieve) they talk about me....some good, some bad, some care not to speak. I have too many flaws to even go down the list but, I must say for those I deem friends I have never destroyed their character even through disagreements. Not saying by any means someone has deliberately tried or is trying I was just thinking of all of those I talk to on a constant. Those who know a little bit more about me than the average. Know my imperfections but embrace it and don't judge, those who try to help me when I question myself. How or when do you know that that person is in your corner because over a lifetime you never know what will happen next? Strange discussion today but, just one of those reflection days where I have to say I appreciate everybody who is pro Luc or against Luc. lol.........

until................

2 comments:

K.Kelly said...

That's a very good question...and my immediate response is...you don't ever really know. I believe that in my nearly 30 years, I only have one friend on this very day that I can say that I can tell anything and I KNOW this person doesn't judge me. I know a lot about this individual, things they've done said,...how they've lived. Some of it I support...some I don't, other things I can only disregard because it's this person, because if anyone else did it I would have something to say. This is a very deep topic and one that I can brief on, because although I know a lot of people. I don't have many "friends" I can probably count on one hand (not even using all 5 fingers). It's a little sad, because I don't know if I've been shutting people out or if I truly don't understand or value friendship. Either way, I don't have much experience. All I can say is now that I think about it...I don't really trust anyone.

NaturallyEJ said...

I don't have many friends that I trust like that, those kinds of people are hard to come by, but for me, I guess time told me what kind of people I was dealing with. Often times, those people who you confide in and trust, really are in your corner, every now and then you get a bad apple, but for the most part our friends are just that. They understand we have flaws, and they accept it and they don't let anyone judge you for your flaws, even if they don't agree with it because thats what friends do. Often times, we may think our friends discuss us in a negative way, but it may just be our own thoughts about our actions subconciously. I have very few Friends and I know my level of respect and know how much I can confide in each of them... Great topic!