Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mane How Bout that....

Ok lets get past the formalities yes I"M LATE AGAIN....but obviously no one is paying attention so I can afford to do so.  Nah this past week and well this week in general, let's see where do I begin.  I started this new Dave Ramsey kick and I'm focused on being supremely wealthy and I have the foundation to get it done.   Nah lets dive into this a lil bit because I have obviously recognized my flaws and faults as being a brown person in this society and why we/us can't seem to learn the rules to financial freedoms and why we succumb to the endless perils of being yes BROWN.  Our main issues are the overcoming of our past (historically speaking we have never really HAD) what I mean by this is most of us aren't use to having so when we get a lil bit we SPLURGE (for my beige readers we over spend and buy frivolously).  Nah the problem with "SPLURGING" is half the time it is at the expense of something usually a bill or two.  We would rather have the new iphone 4G than get caught up the that very bill and stick with the Moto Razr <-- obvious joke.  My point is that we have yet to truly learn how to live and sacrafice now and live once we are fully able to.  We "live in the moment"  carpe diem (I took Latin 2 years in hs) which is a slogan most of us only know about thru movies or when some celebrity says it.  I digress....we are for the most part a culture fueled by "STUFF" as a sign of prosperity, we look the part very well to show that yes we do have the ability to buy things however, that only generally impresses our peers who for the most part are doing the same exact thing.  Nah I have had the revelation while visiting some family in Ft. Mill, SC where there are some very nice developments and housing and what I noticed (my fam aren't the Joneses and aren't trying to keep up with them how every they are staying up with the Johansons lol) was that the large nice neighborhoods (big ole houses) had a Honda Pilot, Chevy Silverado, and a 03' Camry in the driveway or a '00 FourRunner and a '04 Tahoe, occasionally I would see a Lexus ES or something like that (status bang for buck kinda cars) now I drive further down (hypothetically) and I see typical 'hoods' and I see the Escalade, 300 (Bentley kit), Suburban on '28s, etc yard is beat down, the goal in the front yard is on its last 5 fga's and in the back is a cage for the pits.  Now yes I'm largely stereotyping and/or over exaggerating a bit however I'm making my point so listen... We do things like that (I'm guilty been there done that) and now I'm slowly learning that sacrificing all that to be able to live in a lil while will be nice (boys school paid for, and trust funds building).  Ok exiting soapbox and moving on...

Nah I mentioned visiting family in Ft. Mill which actually was a birthday Carowinds day for my lil cousin and son so we at the park for what seemed like an eternity....Carowinds makes me think if Wal Mart opened an amusement park it would be Carowinds long lines.  I thought about talking to my frat brother who is a comedian about this,  have you ever seen a Thug at an amusement park....this is probably one of the most "amusing" (pun intended) phenomenons I have ever seen, they are at the park trying to look hard but at the same time trying to have fun (be a kid again).  Wife beaters, big shorts, ball cap, fresh sneakers, and tatted up toting a bear or a big tube that the lemonade comes in hahahahaha Iownknow about you but I found that to be hilarious (i will discuss further later).  On the other side of the spectrum watching the "Necks" are just as funny because its like they treat Carowinds like they are at Vegas............................................(needed a minute to stop laughing so hard internally).  If you haven't notice I like observing people and dynamics that overall make life beautiful yet instantaneously funny.  I keep telling myself to do a broadcast via YouTube so when I see things I can make these words come to life....YALL GOTTA STAY ON ME ABOUT THAT.

In other news I recently discovered that our Govenors' husband is referred to as the First Gentleman, I snickered (yes I said snickered) because I was always curious to what that name would be and as I watched the morning news I received clarification.  Well as we all know I can be long winded so I will exit stage left now and make sure to say that SEND YOUR PRAYERS TO EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD, especially the recent storms that have ripped thru the southeast, the earthquakes folks in Japan and Haiti and all those who have lost someone they loved recently.  We have to right the ship and support our brothers and sisters and wake up everyday and be thankful and spread joy and happiness to thy neighbor. 


Until....

No comments: