Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What a week....

This mid week thang might start happening more often so anyways lets talk about whats going on this week...The NBA playoffs have a vintage feel with all the hard fouls and stuff...The draft came and went...and Our Commander and Chief announced some shocking but celebratory news. Amazon bails....and I'm on this Dave Ramsey kick.

Lets begin ....shall we?  So we will skip directly to the NFL draft and how awkward it was but still the NFL draft, Cam "Payday" Newton went numero uno to the Panthers and my thoughts well...at least for 6 games the stadium should be energized.  I think the kid has charisma and will be an attraction early then after some L's the luster will corrode.  His dad was there and lets just say.....something is still fishy.  Moving on along Mark Ingram who was glowing and shinning when it first started, started to look a bit pissed off his name wasn't being called....then he got his call (which I will say I'm happy for the young man) and The "Mother ship" as Dan Patrick calls it decides that they will blindside him with a email from his pops.  Nah did anyone else wonder why the email didn't make it to his blackberry, iphon4, or droid?  Ok moving on so he broke down (rightfully so) and the Ship got their moment.  A whole bunch of other picks came and went and the recurring theme I was hearing was about kids with "CHARACTER ISSUES" nah I'm a bit thrown that this particular draft had soooooo many perceived knuckle heads.  End of the day it seems no matter what talent will override the potential trouble awaiting.   I will say this I hope the future classes, high school kids,etc learn that everything you do, say, tweet, facebook whatever could cost you A LOT OF MONEY so keep that in mind.  Moving along....Our President made a startling yet historical announcement that Bin Laden had been found and killed, now as much as I understand the importance of this my somewhat jaded view on politics is how does this affect our deficit going forward and economy also does this mean our troops still have to be fighting everywhere?  I know the risk are still very high and thinks aren't automatically resolved but that was just my first impression once hearing the news.  I'm still amazed tho that we celebrated and rallied together yet we still can't seem to solve the violent problems we have here at home. Now yall know I don't stay on politics too long I just wanted to touch on that point.  As most South Carolinians know AMAZON was trying to come to SC and build a plant and operate for free...I understand both problems of hell the deal was a bit off in the first place (wonder if that was on purpose....will explain later maybe) and second I'm sad that one of the highest unemployed states wont get the 3k jobs that it could have brought over the next 3years.  I am so inspired to try to make things happen and help people in my state but lack the capital and complete resources to do something but I will....one day.  I believe....Hebrew 11:1.

Nah that segways into the Dave Ramsey kick I'm on....Dave's Total Money Makeover book has be vexed and motivated.  I wish I would have had this book in my hand when it was published 2003 I believe.  I would be doing very very very well and be alot wiser.  However the trials and lessons I have learned have helped give this book more substance on my new quest.   I will "live like no one else, so I can live like no one else" those of you who know that or understand it feel me.  I recommend it to everyone especially these young athletes out here in the world.  I digress....so I have some important milestones coming up in the near future that will get my full makeover process started....as well as the thought of going back to school to get my green jacket hahahaha.   Well I will keep it short on that note and will tell everyone to keep saying your prayers and continue to help those in need......blessings are powerful things.


Until....

No comments: